Seminar: European Wholesale Electricity Market Organization, Operation and Development Trends
For the purposes of the Petroleum Industry of Serbia (NIS a.d.), in December 2015 EKC organized a seminar on the topic of European wholesale electricity market organization, operation and development trends.
Course included lectures and discussions on the following topics:
- Deregulation and liberalization of electricity market
- Electricity market structure
- Energy trading & market organization
- Cross border trading, congestion management & transmission capacity allocation
- Day ahead market
- Intraday market
- Power derivatives market – forwards, futures, options
- Balancing & ancillary services market
- Influence of renewable sources on electricity market
- Capacity remuneration mechanisms.