The Analysis of EPS Position at the Regional Electricity Market of South-East Europe until 2030
orederd by: Elektroprivreda Srbije (Serbia)
type: Project (Transmission, Generation, Market)
finishing date: July 2014 (July 2015)
The goal of the Study is to:
- Analyze forecasted conditions of electricity market in the region of Southeast Europe, taking into account the effects of pan-European market in terms of demand, production and transmission capacities, needs and level of power trade, in accordance with the availability of primary sources, EU legislation and development plans of the surveyed countries.
- Assess the perspective of the development of the electric power system of Serbia and EPS, in terms of the level and structure of consumption and production, opportunities for electricity trade and the provision of ancillary services, taking into account the possible directions of development of EPS in the observed period.
Target years are: 2015 as the base year, 2020, 2025 and 2030.
The electricity market of Serbia and the region is modeled with the software GTMax.
Part of the project related to education, includes lectures and courses for EPS experts in terms of regional market, transmission system congestions, regulatory framework, feasibility analyses and use of software WASP, GTMax and TNA.
Type of services provided:
- The analysis of consumption per level, type and status (tariff, eligible)
- The analysis of generation development
- The analysis of the development of transmission capacities
- Modelling and the analysis of the electricity market (GTmax)
- Final Report
- Courses and lectures.