Black Sea Regional Transmission System Planning Project (BSTP): • PSS/E Automation Workshop • BSTP Models Update • System Adequacy Study Phase II
client: USEA, USAID
type: Study (Transmission, Generation, Market)
finishing date: December 2019
team: Dragana Orlic - Project Manager, M. Ivanovic, B. Lekovic
Whole project consists of two parts :
PSS/E Automation Workshop with BSTP Models Update:
Through this Workshop, the Working Group members were accustomed with properties and scope of application of the following automation processors in PSS/E: Batch Command interpreter, Line Mode Interpreter (LMI), PSS/E Engineering Basic (PSEB) macro processor, PSS/E Simulation Run Assembler (PSAS) macro processor, IPLAN simulator and Python interpreter. One of the objectives was to present Python automation file used for continuous load flow calculations which is in line with current ENTSO-E guidelines for Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA) of Grid Development Projects.
System Adequacy Study – Phase II:
Within this Study, the supply/demand balance is checked for each hour in the year taking into account different climatic conditions (10 climatic years), different hydrology conditions (average, dry and wet) and different availability of TPPs through implementation of the MC principles. "Market-based" probabilistic modelling techniques are applied, including all 8760 hours a year, different load/wind/solar/hydro time series presenting different climatic years and maintenance and forced outage rates (MOR&FOR) for thermal units determining the relevant adequacy indicators (ENS, LOLE and LOLP).
The market simulator used in the scope of this study is ANTARES SW tool, a sequential ‘Monte Carlo’ multi-area simulator developed by RTE whose purpose is to assess generation adequacy problems and economic efficiency issues.
At the end of the project, market models are transferred to BSTP participants. Training sessions has been carried out with the aim to enable BSTP members to further use developed models for their own purposes.
Type of services provided:
- Preparation of the training sessions for PSS/E Automation Workshop and realization of 2-day Workshop
- BSTP PSS/E Models Update
- Development and Distribution of Questionnaires for data collection for calculation of probabilistic adequacy indicators.
- Review of the collected data and preparation of the Inception Report with a Summary of the Collected Data and Assumptions and Proxies to be used in case of Data Lacks.
- Creation of the simulation model in Antares sw tool for implementation of the probabilistic approach in the system adequacy assessment.
- Calculation of the system adequacy indicators based on the probabilistic approach (ENS, LOLE, LOLP)
- Antares workshop