Generation surplus projections in Eastern Europe (EE) region and electricity market scenarios in the period 2008 – 2020 [Updated data and scenarios]
client: TERNA (Italy)
type: Study (Transmission, Market)
finishing date: April 2009
team: Zoran Vujasinovic – Project Leader, M. Vukovic, S. Mijailovic, A. Kovacevic (Consultants), S. Markovic, N. Jovic, T. Martinovic, A. Oros, M. Cokorilo
The objective of the study is to analyze different scenarios of generation surplus in SEE/EE region and features of electricity market development, as well as to analyze the transmission network evolution in the period under analysis (2008-2020). This Study presents an Update of similar SEE Market Study performed in 2007, with extended time horizon (until 2020), scenarios (optimistic, besides pessimistic and realistic) and countries (Ukraine, Moldova, Hungary).
- Generation expansion plans/demand forecast and surplus capabilities
- Assessment and evolution of transfer capacities between Countries and congestion location
- Forecast of electricity prices range
- Conclusions and recommendations.
Type of services provided:
- Review of consumption/generation development
- Surplus/deficit analysis
- Load flow, transmission capacities calculation
- Conclusions, recommendations, Final Report