New 400 kV Interconnection of Slovenia – Benefit Analysis
client: ELES (Slovenia)
type: Study (Transmission, Market)
finishing date: February 2013
team: Zoran Vujasinovic – Project Leader, D. Orlic, S. Markovic, T. Martinovic, D. Vlaisavljevic, M. Vukovic - Consultant
The goal of the study was to investigate the market benefits related to the perspective 400 kV interconnections on the direction Hungary-Slovenia-Italy.
Twofold benefit analysis is done:
- Social welfare benefit from national Slovenian point of view, based on welfare possibly gained from increased possibilities of market coupling
- Financial benefits from the point of view of the Investor, based on eventual congestion fees.
Target years are 2016, 2020 and 2025. Analyses are performed with GTmax software.
During the study, in order to simulate the effects of market coupling, the following is assessed for the countries of Continental Europe:
- Perspective transfer capacities
- Surplus/deficit positions
- Available generation technologies and respective costs.
Type of services provided:
- Surplus/deficit and prices analysis in Continental Europe
- Analysis of transmission capacities
- Market coupling simulation (GTmax)
- Final Report