Serbia, North CSE Corridor, New TS 400/110kV 2x300MVA Belgrade West and 400kV OHL Serbia – Romania
Client: DB Engineering & Consulting GmbH (Germany), European Investment Bank
Finishing date: July 2021
Team: Bosko Sijakovic – Project Manager, S. Markovic, N. Jovic, Dj. Dobrijevic, D. Todorovic, B. Lekovic, S. Markovic
This system Study is a part of IPF7 project “Pre-feasibility Study and ESIA for new 400/110kV 2x300MVA Belgrade West Substation and 400kV OHL Serbia – Romania”.
The North Continental South East (CSE) Corridor project consists of the following components:
- Substation (S/S) 400/110kV Belgrade West, 2x300MVA with the alignment of the corresponding 400kV and 110kV lines
- OHL 400kV S/S Belgrade West – WPP Cibuk 1 (app. 60km) with the corresponding OHL bays
- Upgrade of existing OHL 400kV Serbia (HPP Djerdap 1) – Romania (Portile de Fier) to double-circuit OHL (2km) with the corresponding OHL bays
The components of the North CSE Corridor project are segments of the important route of energy transmission from Romania to the Western parts of the region, mainly Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia and Italy, which all could experience energy deficiency and the need for import in the years to come.
In the region of South Banat, where the project is considered to be realized, a vast amount of wind generation facilities have already applied for connection to the transmission system. All this renewable energy has to be evacuated from this area, and it will be enabled and facilitated by Component 2.
The transmission grid in this area is already overstretched and congested in certain situations, especially in the summer period. Furthermore, demands for supply from large industrial consumers in the northwest part of Belgrade are rapidly consuming available capacities and security of supply will be under increasing risks.
According to the scope of work, the following analyzes are done:
- Definition of the production capacity development scenarios
- Methodologies for network and market analysis
- Data collection and model formation
- System studies
- Electricity market simulations
- Evaluation of analysis results for each scenario processed
- Economic and financial analysis.
Type of services provided:
- Market evaluation of the proposed system interconnection scenarios through simulation of the electricity market merger
- Load flows and voltage profile assessments for steady state analyses
- Load flows and voltage profile assessments for security analyses
- Calculation of NTC values
- Losses calculation
- Techno-economic assessments (ENTSO-E CBA)
- Economic and financial assessments