Study of Electric Power and Energy Losses in Transmission Network of Power Utility of Montenegro (EPCG) with Measurements for Their Reduction
client: CGES (Montenegro)
type: Internal Study (Transmission)
finishing date: September 2011 (February 2012)
team: Dragana Orlic – Project Manager, M. Vukovic – Consultant, A. Oros, Dj. Dobrijevic, B. Sijakovic
Objective of this study is to evaluate power losses in transmission network of Montenegro and to propose measures for their reduction. In order to calculate power losses deterministic methodology was used (load flow calculations) based on real time recorded data. Within the scope of the study was also to evaluate measurement devices installed in Montenegro network, weather they have sufficient accuracy for electric energy metering. Influence of different production patterns, exchange scenarios and transmission network development scenarios on level of power losses was examined too.
The following studies have been performed:
- Load flow and voltage profile analyses
- Power losses calculations and analyses
- Statistical analyses of the huge number of “snap-shots”.
Type of services provided:
- Critical analyses of the level of losses in transmission network of Montenegrin power system in the period 2006-2010.
- Development of the measures that should lead to losses reduction that are find viable and technically and economically feasible
- Calculation of the level and structure of the losses in transmission network of Montenegrin power system in the period 2006-2010.
- Analyses of the level of technical loses as well as their „vertical“ and „horizontal“ structure
- Analyses of the influential parameters (network elements characteristics, voltage profile, transits, compensation, …)