Support to Power Utility of Republika Srpska (ERS) in Medium-term Power Generation Portfolio Planning and Regional Power Trade
Client: ZD IRCE a.d., MH Elektroprivreda Republike Srpske (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Finishing date: November 2021
Team: Dusan Vlaisavljevic – Project Leader, M. Vukovic – Consultant, O. Vukovic, I. Mihajlovic-Vlaisavljevic, B. Lekovic, M. Kostic, I. Aljancic
The aim of the activity is to support Power Utility of Republika Srpska (ERS) in power generation portfolio planning and regional power trade in the period 2021-2023. For this purpose, forecast of electricity market conditions in the South East Europe is performed (wholesale prices and supply/demand per country), as a basis for developing mid-term power generation portfolio plan. The main focus of the analyses were on wholesale price forecast, determination of optimal periods for thermal power plants maintenance, optimal policy for hydro power plants storage utilization, as well as identification of favorable periods for electricity sales and purchases.
The energy-market simulation model of ERS in the context of regional electricity market was developed in PLEXOS software tool.
Type of services provided:
- Development of SEE regional electricity market in PLEXOS.
- Wholesale price and supply/demand forecast for countries in South East Europe.
- Analysis of optimal periods for thermal power plants maintenance.
- Analysis of optimal policy for hydro power plants storage utilization.
- Identification of favourable periods for electricity sales and purchases