Technical Assistance to the Implementation of regional coordinated capacity calculation in Western Balkans
client: Energy Community Secretariat (Austria)
finishing date: October 2018
team: Slobodan Markovic - Project Leader, Z. Vujasinovic - Coordinator of the Project, D. Todorovic, D. Vlaisavljevic
The goal of this project is to contribute to an efficient step-wise creation of a regional day-ahead market in the Western Balkans, and its neighbouring countries, in line with the commitment made by WB6 at the 2015 Vienna Western Balkans Summit, to establish a regional electricity market through the implementation of the energy soft measures.
Western Balkan 6 (WB6) TSOs from Contracting Parties of the Energy Community in SEE, with TSOs of neighbouring EU countries, form a specific region, called region “CCCR 10 shadow” (Capacity Coordinating Region 10 - shadow).
The specific objective of the Project is to assist TSOs in preparation and development of a coordinated approach and processes in capacity calculation that will lead to the efficient coupling of their national organized day-ahead markets. In addition, the aim is to ensure that the TSOs from WB6 are ready to practically put into implementation the processes required to ensure coordinated capacity calculation and Reliability Margin.
consultancy support under this project are:
- Assessment of the readiness of the TSOs;
- Assessment and development of the methodology;
- Governance process;
- Capacity building.
Coordinated Capacity Calculation Methodology (CCC Methodology) is developed based on:
- Actual CCR 10 methodology, and
- Particularities of current practice of capacity calculation in the region.
Type of services provided:
- Assessment of the readiness of the TSOs for capacity calculation
- Development of capacity calculation methodology
- Governance process determination for WB6
- Capacity building through training material and workshops